1. Collect litter near your property whenever you see it
2. Report dumping and don’t give up until it is cleared up
2. Clean your yard, paint your house, renovate
3. Businesses can join the Umbilo Business Forum
4. Community organisations can join the Glenwood Community Forum
5. Enhance our working relationship by joining the Community Policing Forum
6. Participating in the CPF’s community patrols to better understand our safety issues
7. BREAK DOWN WALLS! Walls have closed off and segregated our once open and integrated community. Contrary to popular belief, walls almost never enhance security. In many cases walls hide criminal activity which is taking place from people passing by. Replace your walls with fences. Get to know your neighbours again. Give the surrounding community the ability to keep an eye on your safety.
8. Use our parks, and help to keep them clean.
9. Get the council to trim overgrown bushes, or trim them yourselves.
10. If you know someone who speeds in our residential neighbourhood, let them know how you feel.
If all community members contribute on one way or another, we will collectively contribute to the improvement in the quality and safety of our community.